When you want just a touch of eye makeup, a very fine line may be drawn into the base of the upper lashes. The line is not extended beyond the corner of the eye and no line is drawn on the lower lid. This is for eyeliner application!
For the woman who wants a little more eye makeup for daytime wear, a line may be drawn from the inner corner of the eye and extended slightly beyond the outer corner of the eye. The line is lifted at the outer corner to give the eyes a more open look and to make the eyelashes appear thicker.
Eyeliner for evening is applied to make the eyes appear more glamorous. A line is drawn from the inner corner of the eye and is made wider over the pupil of the eye, when looking straight ahead. The line is tapered very thinly as it reaches the outer corner of the eye. A small space is seen between the upper and lower lines. This makes the eyes appear larger and brighter. For evening, some women like a colored liner such as dark green or navy.
The exotic eye is usually almond or oblique in shape. To enhance almond eyes or to make round eyes appear almond shaped, a line is drawn from the inner corner of the eye and becomes wider from the center of the lid to the outer corner of the eye. The upper and lower lines may be extended upward and the space filled in. To achieve a less obvious effect, eye shadow may be used to give a lift to the outer corner of the eyes.
• When lining your eyes, open your mouth slightly to relax the eye muscles - it will make lining a lot easier without having to pull or tug at your lid.
• Substituting eye shadow for liner can give great results with less effort. You can apply the shadow wet or dry with a sponge tip or a firm angled brush. Apply close to lashes and then smooth, if needed. No need to be precise because the overall effect is a smudged look.
• While cake and liquid eyeliners last longer, you can give a pencil liner more staying power by tracing over the line with powder eye color in a similar shade.
• Eyeliner can be used to redefine your eyes. For example, to make close-set eyes look more balanced, line only along the outer half of the lid to draw attention there. And to make round eyes appear more elongated, thicken the line as you go from the inner corner to the outer corner. A wide line along upper lashes makes a prominent eye appear smaller. To make eyes appear larger, apply liner to the outer 2/3 of the upper and lower eyelids at the lashline and then smudge.
• If you have trouble drawing a straight line, try using a series of short strokes as close together as possible, as close to the lashes as possible. And then soften by smoothing with a sponge-tip applicator or cotton swab.
• The two ends of the liner should not be brought together at the outside corner of the eye. The small open space at the outer end of the eye makes it look larger. When the eye is entirely surrounded by a rim of liner, the eye will appear smaller and the makeup might appear too harsh or dramatic.
• Lining the eyes before you apply shadow allows mistakes to be fixed easily.
Claims and benefits of eyeliners include:
• Suitable for contact lens wearers
• Suitable for sensitive eyes
Characteristics of eyeliners include:
• Suitable for Sensitive Skin
• Clinically tested for skin irritancy and allergy
• Suitable for contact lens wearers
For mechanical eyeliners, Application Instructions are:
• Advance mechanical liner by twisting up slowly.
• Lightly stroke a singe, fine line at base of upper eyelid next to lashline from inner to outer corner.
• Draw another fine line just under lower lashes, from outer to inner corner.
• If desired, soften with an eye applicator (eye sponge).
Available Colors include:
back to the top of eyeliner application page
Welcome to The Essence of Mineral Makeup website!!! A site for makeup and mineral healing information.
Compliments of this website!!!